Friday, January 24, 2014

Logo Designs

Purpose:
  • To understand the process of logo design;
  • To design a clear and effective logo for the chosen company scenario

My companies name is “PIECO.” We sell economic sports cars that have amazing milage and are environmentally friendly. The company is new and are starting with manufacturing one car. Similar design to an older Ford Mustang with a surprisingly powerful engine. The PIECO (which stands for “Power in Ecology”) The target audience is for 18-30 years olds who are aware of the environment and the changes that need to happen. My car will be affordable enough for people to want over a traditional gasoline powered car with the same amount of power and style.

I thought my logo design process was a good example Jacob Cass’s logo design step one, “Learn What A Logo Is & What It Represents.” I knew my logo had to simple and eye catching but most importantly it had to be evident that it was advertising a car. This was very hard for me and in the beginning of the process I tried to draw cars to put into the logo. Later I realized that my logo could show the environmental side instead of the car side to portray the same message. I messed around with the tree idea and I really liked it. Now I could add the text into the tree so that both messages were present in the same logo. In the end I made my logo much simpler and smoother which helped the logo go from amature to profesional-ish grade. 

Simplicity- In the previous units I really struggled to keep designs simply. I would add extra bits that were not needed. I feel like this logo is much better that the previous attempts.

Work with previous ideas- While designing the PIECO logo I would try and make final draft logos but rather make many different brief logos and take the ideas that I like from each one. Once I had done this I would make slight adjustments and compare it with the previous logo.
Change text by more than font- During this project I really tried to mess around with the text in other ways than just font. I stretch out the letters and then put them close together so that they overlapped. I really liked how this came out and it gave the logo more power than if the text was just plain.  


No comments:

Post a Comment