Friday, January 24, 2014

Screen Printed T-Shirts

Purpose:


  • To be introduced to the process of screen printing;
  • To create a simple design that uses a variety of shapes which emphasize the interaction between positive and negative space;
  • To demonstrate the process of screen-printing by printing designs on paper and fabric.

During the screen printing process I learned many things. Firstly I learned a ton about how to screen print, something that before, I had no idea how to do. The precision of the freezer paper plays a huge part in screen printing. A badly cut design will never print as well as one where the cuts are perfect. Another key factor I learned about screen printing is patience. During the cutting, screening, and painting processes the key is to remain calm and collected. If one mishandled the ink or board the entire print will be ruined. It is better to be steady while handle the board to get a better print. I also found less ink was better with more passes than 2 or 3 passes with more ink. Overall screen printing was really fun and educational and I’m sure I will do more prints in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment